Orchestrated Chaos

Pushing my own buttons.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wearing out some boots.

Today we took a short ride down the road (perhaps a quarter of a mile) to a place that I am embarrassed to say that we never have been before. Barely a car ride down the hill from us is a DEC environmental area. I'll try not to get into all the facts that are listed on their website, but it was a great little walk, several different trails, a 20 acre pond. The information area is open during business hours but the rest of the grounds are "always open". You are even allowed to bring "non-motorized boats" any time that you want.

We are looking forward to spending more time hiking this summer. The kids are finally getting old enough to make it through some trails. And the variety of trees and ecosystems is still pretty new to them. They are interested still.

But there are a few other really special parks around here too, within about 15 to 25 minute drives. So we are going to be busy. I need to buy a hiking vest or backpack. The boy scout in me won't let me head out with my posse without a certain number of supplies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home