Orchestrated Chaos

Pushing my own buttons.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Dreams, and mental illness.

I can't remember (could have been the two year gap between postings that I had) whether I have talked about one of my favorite theories before. My main assumption is that our neurons are made up of energy. Energy can be found in various forms but not destroyed. So when we are growing, we are coming from somewhere. When we die we are going somewhere. It is impossible for the thoughts and energy that make up our spark just cease to exist.

That is the assumption. Here is where it gets tricky for me to verbalize. It seems so neat and accurate in my head. Part of the ideas of quantum theory is that there is an infinite number of universes and possibilities. I like to think about blending the concept of the radio and dreaming. For every choice, or incident that occurs, there is another universe in which the other path was taken.

There is a phenomenal with AM radio and with printed magnetic tape that is called bleed-through. At night radio stations that are located near each other can be heard to bleed-through to nearby frequencies. Listening to one show, you might be able to hear certain chunks or interference from other programs. Annoying, but also critical to my thought process.

What if dreaming was like bleed-through energy from other universes? With an infinite number of world, surely there must be one where I find myself in a dark alley, chased by a 6-foot spider, trying to run away on legs that move like they are in molasses. Or one where I am shopping naked in the grocery store, everyone else is clothed, but they don't seem to care or notice that I have not a stitch on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home