Orchestrated Chaos

Pushing my own buttons.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Fears

I really can't remember if I mentioned this point before, but even if I did, I feel compelled to revisit the issue.

Fact: Children are like a giant mirror, and will force you to confront or deal with, any fears or pet peeves or "strong feelings" that you have. For example: if you have an issue with bodily fluids, your kids are going to puke on you a great many times. This is because when you have an issue, just once is a great many times in your perception. If you have a thing about feet (like me!!!!) you just may have a couple of kids that wake you up in the morning by trying to put their feet in your mouth. But additionally, you will need to accept the universe and everything in it as "the way it is supposed to be" and accept yourself and all of the strange things that happen. I guess you might call it a form of child-induced Buddhism?

1 Comments:

  • At 12:02 PM , Blogger kelly said...

    I DON'T LIKE FEET EITHER!!! Gross! But what you said does make lots of sense. But when I have kids someday, I will let then puke on you, and tell them when they want to stick feet in someones mouth to wake them up, they can walk to your house. Works for me - thanks tim!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home